Procurement Support Student - St John's Job In St. John's, NL, CA, Canada | Job ID: 1270322 content expired oilandgasjobsearch.com- 3 months ago
St. John's, NL, CA, Canada | N/A | Permanent
As a member of the Procurement Services Department (PSD), you will be provided with a challenging opportunity to contribute and build skills in the procurement function. You will be responsible for the purchasing, contracting or payment of materials and services to meet business requirements. This role will develop commercial acumen and enhance your knowledge of procurement activities.
Examples of Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Procuring materials and services to support business operating requirements.
- Providing client advice and guidance related to acquisition processes.
- Providing support in expediting material deliveries and resolving invoicing issues.
- Providing assistance with contract administration activities.
- Providing assistance with accounts payable activities.
- 4th year student in an university Business or Supply Chain Management degree program.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- A desire to learn, excel and create value.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interface with suppliers and business clients.
- Team player with problem solving ability, business acumen, effective time management, and excellent communication skills.
Start date: May 7, 2018.
Work term: 4 months.
Location: St. John's, NL.
You will gain supply management experience in one of Canada's largest and most successful companies. Procurement is an organization that values professional growth, teamwork and continuous improvement. Our emphasis on leading edge enterprise systems and supply management best practices will provide an excellent learning experience as a member of a team of high performing professionals.
Who we are
A leading member of Canadas energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementat 00003908 ion Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see <web address removed>/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: January 31, 2018.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.