Drilling And Subsurface Operations Technologist Student May Job In St. John's, NL, CA, Canada | Job ID: 1269898 oilandgasjobsearch.com- 2 weeks ago
St. John's, NL, CA, Canada | N/A | Permanent
Provide support to Hibernia and Hebron Operations Superintendent in management of drilling activities, Wellwork Program Integration and Rig Projects Management.
- Operations Support: Support day-to-day operations as directed by Operations Superintendent, with primary focus on wellwork / offline operations
- Drilling/Wellwork Program Integration / SIMOPS: Coordinate with drilling / wellwork resources, identifying and mitigating SIMOPS clashes to optimize efficiency of both activities
- Rig Projects Management: Coordinate technical support and oversight of project planning activities; assist Operations Superintendent as directed in offshore work execution
- Currently enrolled in Petroleum Engineering Technology Co-Op Program
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Previous drilling industry experience is considered beneficial, but not essential
- Commitment to safety on and off the job
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a minimal supervision and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated leadership and strong academic skills
- Initiative, independence and accountability for tasks and understanding impacts on the business
Start date: May 7, 2018
Work term: 4 months
Location: St John's, NL
- You will work under the direction and mentorship of an experienced professional during your work term
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement these standards are the reason ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- ExxonMobil Canada suppor 00003908 ts and promotes a learning environment for all our students, to utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging and professional work environment
- You will have ownership/responsibility of at least one major term project
Who we are
The need for energy is a very real economic issue. It affects literally everyoneeverywhere in the world. At ExxonMobil Canada, we are proud to bring together a highly talented and diverse workforce eager to take on and solve the worlds toughest energy challenges.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: January 21, 2018
ExxonMobil Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, ExxonMobil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions within the Company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including Imperial and affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.