Library Technician Yellowknife , NT content expired partnershipjobs.ca- 3 months ago
Library Technician Yellowknife , NT
The Library Technician has a key role in providing support to the Legislative Library by performing various tasks including, but not limited to, acquisitions, cataloguing, interlibrary loans for the primary clientele, organizing and maintaining the collection of Legislative House documents, and assisting in the dissemination of materials to Members of the Legislative Assembly and their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of library resources, procedures and policies;
- Working knowledge of cataloguing standards and procedures, including Library of Congress classification and subject headings, Canadian subject headings, AACR2R/RDA rules, and MARC coding;
- Experience cataloguing various formats and media;
- Experience working with integrated library systems;
- Knowledge of reference tools;
- Familiarity with the organization and structure of the GNWT and familiarity with government documents;
- Familiarity with microcomputers, word processing, and online systems, including use of e-mails and the Internet;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences with varying levels of background, knowledge and education;
- Quick and accurate typing skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Good time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks and requests; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
A recognized Library Technician Program plus a minimum of two years of directly related experience, or four years progressively responsible experience working in an academic, government or special library.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $34.67 per hour to $41.38 per hour (approximately $67,607 - 80,691) plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal records check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #15054
Closing Date: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
Closes: 21 January, 2018
Legislative Library of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife , NT