Safety Advisor Student Job In Cold Lake, AB, CA, Canada | Job ID: 1268213 oilandgasjobsearch.com- 3 weeks ago
As a student term Safety Advisor, you will work within the Operations Integrity Safety team, supporting the Cold Lake and Conventional Operations and Maintenance teams. The role is based on-site within Imperials Cold Lake field location, which provides support to Cold Lake, Alberta, Norman Wells, Northwest Territories, and other conventional oil and gas assets in Central Alberta and Western Canada. The Safety team is responsible for ensuring that a high level of focus on safety is maintained throughout the companys field assets, to achieve our vision of Nodiv Gets Hurt. This group is comprised of professional safety advisors and others with extensive safety and operational backgrounds, who will be available to provide direct mentoring and work direction.
Examples of specific job responsibilities:
- Working with operations, maintenance and contractor teams, providing support, direction and mentoring to site-based leaders in order to maintain a strong safety culture
- Field site visits to provide guidance and coaching to workers on Imperials safety standards, processes, tools, behaviours and implementation of corporate safety initiatives aimed at achieving the vision of 'Nodiv Gets Hurt'
- Providing direction and recommendations to managers and front line supervisors on approaches to safety, helping set safety goals and implementing specific remedial actions
- Assessing safety performance metrics, proactive reports, analyzing effectiveness of safety programs, and helping to drive actions based on leading and lagging indicators
- Implementing standard tools and processes, and ensuring consistent application of Imperials corporate Safety Management System (SMS)
- Assessing and attesting contractor safety programs; ensuring safety specifications are understood and implemented
- Participating in formal investigations of incidents and significant near misses
- Providing emergency response support, as required
- Providing instruction and training on safety concepts, practices, and standards
- Working towards technical programs such as B.Sc. in Occupational Health & Safety, a diploma program in Occupational Health & Safety, or a B.Sc. in an Engineering program with a strong safety component.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Safety related work experience and exposure to the oil and gas industry
- Self-motivation with strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve
- Valid drivers licence, safe driving record and ability to navigate a variety o 00003908 f road surfaces
Start date: May 1, 2018
Work term: 8 months
Location: Cold Lake, AB
Benefits to you:
- Opportunity to work with an industry leader in the field of safety, and help achieve our vision of Nodiv Gets Hurt
- A dynamic and challenging environment that provides an excellent forum for continued learning
- Professional guidance and mentorship towards obtaining professional designation
- The breadth of Imperial's operations provides a wealth of opportunities to visit different locations and be exposed to unique challenges and a variety of work
Who we are:
A leading member of Canadas energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see <web address removed>/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: January 17, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.